Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Seek Clarity!

TODAY'sQUOTES
"Stop thinking in terms of limitations and start thinking in terms of possibilities."

- Terry Josephson,  best-selling author.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."

- Douglas Noel Adams, was an English writer and dramatist. He is best known as the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

"Before you agree to do anything that might add even the smallest amount of stress to your life, ask yourself: What is my truest intention? Give yourself time to let a yes resound within you. When it's right, I guarantee that your entire body will feel it."

Oprah Winfrey, the one & only.
MASTINSAYS
My name is Mastin Kipp & I am the Founder of The Daily Love.
Photo by Brent Mullins.
Mastin Kipp
In life there are a some very fundamental traits that it takes to be a success. Love, heart, persistence, patience, passion, faith and so on. Today, I want to talk about CLARITY.

One of my recent business partners has taught me all about clarity. I learned about it while I was actively working with him, but now he's left to country to pursue a wonderful opportunity that came his way. In the wake of him leaving, I have had to pick up a side of the business I have not had to focus on as much until now. Being that I write 250-300 items a week, my primary focus has been on creativity, but now my focus is switching back to not only being creative, but running operations, too.

I love being creative. It's where I shine the most. Even as a manager in the music business, I was never focused on the numbers. I loved the dream, what was possible, what the notes sounded like and what kind of STORY could be told through the band's branding. I've always loved Richard Branson's view on life, which is be creative and then surround yourself with the best team to make that vision real. With a vital member of that team gone, I've have to re-focus my efforts.

It's been amazing. The key phrase my former partner drilled into my head was "Mastin, we get paid to SEEK CLARITY". When I first heard this I was astonished. It's profound. It's so simple, but profound.

His challenge to me is to get to the root of what I want and mean and the root of what other people want and mean. This may sound simple, but it's not easy. To get clarity around anything requires true communication. It also requires being in a partnership or relationship with someone who is WILLING to communicate their honest and true feelings.

I can't tell you how many times I've been afraid of doing this because of fear of rejection, being alone or not getting my needs met. I had realized that much of my life had been spent holding on to things that didn't serve me, because getting 25% of the love, attention, affection or compensation that I really wanted was way better than possibly ending up with 0%. But as I have learned on The Path, the Uni-verse will heed to me all my heart's desire; I just have to be willing to let go of everything that doesn't match it.

So how does this tie into clarity? Well, if you are clear about what you want, it makes the filtering and choosing process much easier. If you are clear about what you want with people from the beginning it makes for much better partnerships and relationships. And if you are clear about what you want, it also makes it much easier to walk away from situations that are in alignment with what you want.

So as I have been sorting through the different business deals, investor potentials and the like, it's been very important to get clarity and make sure that I am on the same page as the other people involved. This has been scary because so much hangs in the balance, but at the end of the day, no matter how much money or opportunity weighs in the balance, if both parties aren't headed in the same direction then it won't matter.

Getting clarity about what you want and mean helps you attract the right people, place and circumstances. It also helps you say NO to the wrong ones.
I'd love for all of us to get clarity today. Clarity about what we want, what we mean, what we need and then have the courage to express that and NOT settle. Who's with me? 

Love, Mastin
TODAY'sAFFIRMATIONS
I seek clarity in all my affairs.
 
I ask for what I want and don't settle for anything less.
 
I let go of anything or anyone that doesn't serve my happiness.
 
Joy finds me with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment