Monday, May 16, 2011

RELEASE AND LET GOD TAKE CONTROL

TODAY'sQUOTES
"Creative work is not a selfish act or a bid for attention on the part of the actor. It's a gift to the world and every being in it. Don't cheat us of your contribution. Give us what you've got."
 

Steven Pressfield, is a best-selling author. This quote is taken from his short and perfect book "The War of Art".

"Each of us has an inner dream that we can unfold if we will just have the courage to admit what it is. And the faith to trust our own admission. The admitting is often very difficult."
 
"What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us."


Julia Cameron, is an American teacher, author, artist, poet, playwright, novelist, filmmaker, composer, and journalist. She is perhaps most famous for her book The Artist's Way.
MASTIN'SDAILYDOWNLOAD
My name is Mastin Kipp & I am the Founder of The Daily Love.
Photo by Brent Mullins.
Mastin Kipp
Carl Jung said it best, "That which you resist, persists."

You have been given a purpose, a vision and intuition by The Uni-verse that is uniquely yours to fulfill.

And, if you're like me, you resist and resist that vision because it's scary, not in alignment with your own plans for your life and out there somewhere in the undefined unknown.

When I moved to LA I wanted to be a big shot in the music business. I looked up to guys like David Geffen, Irving Azoff and Clive Davis. I wanted to be like them - discovering new music, launching multi-platinum acts, winning Grammy's and living the life. I got a taste of that life, but no matter how hard I tried and tried, things just didn't click for me.

All the while a small voice inside me was beckoning me to write, to inspire others. I resisted that voice for so long 'cuz I thought I had nothing valuable to say. I had no idea how I would make money and quite frankly I thought those "inspiring people" were cheesy and mostly hypocrites. I resisted and resisted, for YEARS.

But then, something crazy happened. It all came crashing down. My business partner and I went our separate ways; money seemed to run away from me like I was allergic to it and everything I had spent the better part of 8 years building just stopped.

I finally found myself in a place where I had a choice. I had done enough work on myself to know when this ish hits the fan; it's The Uni-verse stepping in.

My choice was dedicate myself 110% to this hobby called TDL or go back and get a "job" in the music business. I decided to see what the experiment of TDL would bring. I didn't want to die wondering "what if".

But to get me to that decision point, The Uni-verse had to take away everything that wasn't in alignment for my purpose. All the illusions were shattered.

As I was going through this purifying process, I still resisted. I didn't want to be that inspiring guy who said those cheesy things. But then something magical happened.

I started to see how TDL was positively affecting others. Other people were going through what I was going through. Other people were healing, didn't feel alone and felt inspired by TDL.

At that point, I realized what The Uni-verse was trying to show me. My purpose is not to fulfill my own self-will, but to be of service to others. Within a few quick months of understanding that it was no longer about me, miracles started happening faster. Traffic grew, wonderful bloggers started contributing and investors became interested.

I was selfishly denying my purpose. That selfishness is what caused my pain, the lack I experienced and also my sadness. I was so caught up in my own story that I couldn't see past myself.

So, this is the lesson: be of service. Solve problems. Share yourself. Step out of self-will and open yourself up to The Will of The Uni-verse. It will squeeze your ego. It will bring you through the fires of your own fears so that all that is not in alignment with your calling is burned away. But what will be left will be a pristine manifestation of your core essence. Fear will be burned away. Limiting beliefs will be challenged and overcome and you will feel at home within yourself. You will see naysayers as teachers showing you how to believe in yourself even more.

It is our self-will and stubborn selfish ambition that keeps the good stuff out. Ask today for all those illusions to be shattered. Have FAITH that you WILL be provided for during your purification and recalibration.

A decision is not a decision until you take action. What gifts are The Uni-verse asking you to express? Step into those gifts and let yourself be purified through the fire of facing your fears.

A greater life than you can now imagine is on the other side. Don't resist who you really are and who you're being calling to be. Give in, give up and let The Uni-verse show you the way.

Love,

Mastin
TODAY'sAFFIRMATIONS
I let The Uni-verse guide me home.
 
I give into my purpose.
 
My gifts are worthy of being expressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment